This post is for beginner which has just started their journey with Blogger.com (Blogspot) platform. Google webmaster tools verification is the first step of optimizing your blog for search engine.
Traffic to any blog tell us the success story of that blog. So naturally every blogger is trying hard to get more & more traffic on his blog. Always keep in mind that major sources of traffic are search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo etc. So the very first step to let Google know about your Website presence is by submitting your blog into all these major search engines. I suggest you to submit you blog to Google first as it is most favorite and top notch search engine.
Many newbie blogger ignore this step totally because of difficult and confusing steps. Believe me submitting your Blogger blog to Google is not that much difficult. Just follow below few steps to submit and verify your blog into Google Webmaster Tools.
How to submit blogger blog in Google by using Google Webmaster Tools
1. Go to Google Webmaster Tools and sign in with your same Google account which you are using for your blogger blog
2. Click on ADD A SITE button located at right hand side
3. Enter your blog URL in the box appears like your-blog.blogspot.com and click on Continue
4. Here I will show you simplest method. So click on Alternative methods
5. Select HTML Tag and copy the Meta tag which look like this
<meta name=”google-site-verification” content=”Q8JXQx7LQ185x8dVpelVQ043cSzDbzWD78mV4DzQ3pM” />
6. Now log in to your Blogger account into another tab. (Do not close Webmaster Tools tab).
7. Click on your blog title and select Template option located on left hand side
8. Click Backup / Restore button to backup your Blog Template before making any changes. Once backup is done then click Edit HTML button.
9. Search for word <head> and paste the Meta tag (which we have copied from Webmaster Tools) just below that.
10. Click Save template button and go back to your webmaster account to press VERIFY button.
11. Once you click on VERIFY button, you will receive a confirmation message that you have successfully verified your ownership.
That’s it. I hope you have enjoyed this post and I would like to thank you for reading this post. Now its your turn to share your views, suggestion or place any query, I will try my best to sort it out. Also don’t forget to share it. You may also like us on Facebook, Twitter and Google+.