I always like to share success stories, which are always inspiring us and keep motivated to work hard. Today we have a successful personality in Internet World, Mr. Manish Chauhan with us. He is the owner of very popular website www.jagoinvestor.com which is sharing useful information on personal finance. You will definitely love to read the success story of Mr. Manish in his own words, so don’t forget to comment after reading it.
Interview with Manish Chauhan of Jagoinvestor.com
Manish: Some of the ways we make money from our blogs are by charging fees to our clients whom we get from our reader base, We also have some of the online products like www.100moneyactions.com and www.jiwealthclub.com which are subscription based programs for investors. Apart from this we also make money by conducting online Boot camps on Facebook for investors and also some offline workshops in various cities.
A blogger once creates his decent community and has a lot of followers, there are various ways of earning money, But it’s very much dependent on the type of blog. There can’t be one formula for making money, but if you have a decent blog, you can make decent money.
Manish: I was working with Yahoo and in the starting days, I used to share the links of my articles on internal channel and then started sharing it on my Facebook wall, etc. But those were the days of 2008 start and truly speaking more than marketing of what I am writing, I was enjoying WRITING, I used to publish something, tell it to a few people and then move on to the next piece. I used to get close to 1-2 comments in 2-3 days and those days it was enough to feel great!.
Some of the mistakes I did as a newbie here
- Started on .blogspot.com and then later moved to WordPress, but I think that’s story of every new blogger
- Did not concentrate on the QUALITY of writing and look & feel of the website
- Did not start collecting email and names of my readers from the start
I never felt like quitting ever :).
Manish: I will keep it this way. If you put 100% effort, then divide it like this
- 75% – Write amazing things, which at the end of the day create value and readers utter just one word – “Mind Blowing”
- 20% – Market it effectively and also takes care of your readers, reply them, build a community
- 5% – SEO – Follow some simple things in SEO, don’t give your life optimizing things.
Hope you like the interview with Mr. Manish Chauhan, also do visit his exciting website www.jagoinvestor.com. Now it’s your turn to share your views and suggestion. Also don’t forget to share this post. You may also like us onFacebook, Twitter and Google+.